Thursday, January 31, 2013

Running - Hills

So yesterday was my second day back at running and it was a little bit better than the first.  I slowed down my pace which kept off the cramps but had a fun time with the weather.  It was again 60 degrees out, but cloudy, overcast and threatening to rain.  After checking weather.com, I decided to go anyways.  Of course the way out wasn't too bad, I had the wind at my back!  I got about a mile in and decided to do some hill sprints.  My time was by no way impressive but I did hill sprints for about .75 of a mile and go my heart rate way up.  And then I turned the corner to come back, well try to come back.  With 30 mph gusts, it felt as though I wasn't making any progress!  But alas, I made it home and avoided the rain so I would call that a success.  Here are the stats:
Distance: 2.80
Time: 32:20
Pace: 11:32
Avg HR: 163 / Cal: 270
Route: Foxridge to Smith's Landing and back

Now get out there and run!

-R.V.

PS.  Today I got up and we had snow on the ground with a high of 35 degrees F... Mother nature here seems to be a little bi-polar!

No comments:

Post a Comment