Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Bartenura


Name: Bartenura
Variety: Moscato
Region: Provincia Di Pavia
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $4.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: The inviting apricot preserves, honey, butter, and roasted almond aromas of this semi-sparkler pull you right in. It’s on the sweet side, with stone-fruit flavors kept alive by decent acidity. The palate bubbles and tingles and maintains its balance. Fine as an aperitif or with dessert.

My Review: This was the last wine I tasted of 5, so I wasn’t able to pick out a lot of flavors.  The first thing I tasted was the sweetness.  Now it wasn’t as sweet as a German Riesling but actually a nice touch of sweetness.  It would be great as a dessert wine or for someone who is just starting to drink wine.  I am usually not a fan of dessert wines, but with lower sugar content than expected I enjoyed it.

If food present, did it change the flavor: N/A

Drink Up!

-R.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment