Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau


Name: Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
Variety: Gamay
Region: Beaujolais of Burgundy
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $3.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: Bright and tangy, offering a classic banana note on the nose, with flavors of raspberry, wild strawberry and light spice. Modest finish

My Review:  the initial smell was very fruity and sweet.  When I tasted it, the strongest flavor I tasted was grapefruit with a hint of raspberry behind it.  It has a very light finish and sat well on the tongue after a minute.  I could definitely tell that it was young and needed some more aeration to release some of the heavy tannins in it.  It portrays the 2012 region in Beaujolais very well but I would not drink a lot of it because it was sweeter than I like my reds.

If food present, did it change the flavor: N/A

Drink Up!

-R.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment