Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Break Re-Cap

                A week off from school usually means boring and relaxing at the same time for me.  But things spring break was a little different!  Well first off I had five full days of activities plan so it was finally not boring.  The first Sunday I was home, I went did some rock climbing at Sport Rock around the corner from me.  I did an awesome upside down route which I didn’t quite finish but was totally awesome!!  Then Monday, I helped my future Sister-in-law with making little tiny boxes for her wedding in about 3 months now (EXCITING).  While the box folding wasn’t that fun, it was great to see her and talk about life in general.  So with those two days already gone, I finally got into the hard part of my week.  The first interview I had on Tuesday was plan awful.  Why?  Well let’s just say I felt really dumb in the room surrounded by the people I was being interview alongside with.  But hey, it was good practice so that totally counts right??  Then Wednesday interview went much better but was still kind of so-so.  The shop was cool, the people were cool, the area was ok, but it was far away from school which is where my other half is staying after graduation so that was a little bit of a turn off.  Then onto Thursday interview…. IT WENT AMAZING.  I was really impressed with the people, the company and the interview style.  It was the first interview that I thought was challenging and actually tested me.  The only downside of it would be that my job for the first year ish would be to write proposals.  Yea, not so sure about that one since my writing isn’t exactly professional (just read this paragraph!).  We shall see if I get an interview but not going to stress and continue to look around.
                Now for the part you want to hear about… THE WINE I DRANK.  Well the first wine I had was a St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon.  It was definitely tasty and smooth and well just yummy.  I didn’t take notes on it because I just wanted to drink and my mom was asking me all sorts of wine questions that I have learned from this class so filling her in on that.  Then, my dad brought my mom and I a surprise… a 2004 Opus One.  WOAH nelly was that different!  I did do a wine review here but it covers my whole experience with this wine.  The final highlight of my week was the picture you see here.  Yes that is 7 wines drank in one night by about 7 people.  It was my mom’s birthday and so we had a little get together of everyone!  There was my brother and his fiancé, my other brother and his girlfriend, my mom and dad and then me.  Let’s just say I come from a long line of wine lovers!  If you would like to read the story, click here and I will tell you about it and give some reviews on the wine.  Obviously they got better as time went on!
                Once I got back to school on Friday, I did some shopping and got an AMAZING surprise from my other half.  He got me a Pandora bracelet with two beads on it!!  He totally surprised me and I was not expecting it at all.   I give him a lot of credit, even though I give him a hard time a lot (especially if one of us I out of town), there is no one else I would rather be with!!  We then did some usual wine tastings at the Vintage Cellar (this one was very good) and went to a local winery.  And by winery I mean they have a little tasting room in downtown so we went there to test it out.  We actually quite liked there wines and once it gets nicer I think I will drag the other half to their winery about 30 minutes away (then I will blog on that).  Then Sunday hit and now it is back to the final push of school work before graduation!

Drink Up
~R.V.!

No comments:

Post a Comment