Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tasting - Montebuena (Tempranillo)


Name: Montebuena
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it’s an excellent value for Rioja.

My Review: Another one of my favorite wine grapes in the world!  With that being said, I think you can know that my review might be a wee bit bias.  But either way, the smell of this wine definitely threw cherries at you.  It wasn’t the dark, black cherries but almost a nice hint of cherry.  The taste of this wine is where it was at.  It was very smooth to drink and there was not a bite to it!  It was medium body with some complexity to it.  I could feel the heat of the 14% alcohol but it grew on me as I tasted it.  I bought this bottle (as usual) and I can’t wait to enjoy it either by itself or with a nice chicken and pasta dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment