Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tasting - Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz


Name: Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South East
Country: Australia
Year: n/a
Price: $9.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling Shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a touch of sweet vanilla on the finish.

My Review: Hmmmmm, sparkling Shiraz?  Who would have thought right?  Well, I will give these wine tastings one awesome thing, the variety of wine’s they provide for us is awesome!  I was talking to the wine person and she was talking about how they start the semester off with general and well know wines and slowly are working their way into more complex wines as we get better with tasting.  I think if you look through my blog you would definitely be able to see this trend.  Back to wine… so this was different.  First, I got hints of green olives on the nose.  It was like you tasted the red and fruit and then just a hint of olive if you are smelling in the right spot.  Since I liked olives, I was ok so with it but it was odd in a wine.  Once I got over that, I could go onto the taste.  It was only slightly fizzy but was a full on berry flavor.  It reminded me of the non-alcoholic champagne that you have when you are 18 years old on New Year’s.  I think this would have been a good dessert/after dinner drink to share with friends but you have to want sparkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment