Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tasting - Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence


Name: Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence
Variety: Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault
Region: Provence
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: Bright salmon pink; typical of the fresh but warm Provence style. Refined and complex on the nose, with summer fruit and floral notes. Dry and crisp, with a delicate flavor and full texture.

My Review: Now to this point in my wine tastings, I have had my fair share of rose wines and have gotten better at not immediately judging them.  So I started this wine off with a clean plate, and since it wasn’t the normal rose grapes, I was intrigued.  The smell was nice with hints of pears and golden delicious apples (didn’t have a lot of acidic smell to it).  The taste really threw me off.  It was extremely light and kind of a weak finish.  It was like you bit into a grape and then immediately spit it back out.  It did finish with more acidity but I was let down.  From three very complex red wines, this rose really left me hanging and disappointed with the complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment