Monday, February 18, 2013

Tasting - Ben Marco


Name: Ben Marco
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $13.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: "The 2010 Malbec contains 10% Bonarda in its makeup and received the same elevage as the Cabernet. Lovely aromas of black cherry, spice box, tobacco, lavender, and earthy minerals inform the nose of a ripe, succulent, intensely flavored wine that offers outstanding value and is meant for drinking over the next 5-7 years." - 90 Pts Jay Miller - The Wine Advocate

My Review: Since you know how much I love Malbec, I was excited for this.  The smell had a nice spice to it but wasn’t too bad and the color was a gorgeous purple that was great to look at!  As for the taste, it has a hint of spice to it but wasn’t overpowering.  I couldn’t put a word to the taste but it was a very respectable Malbec and I would have loved to have eaten it with food!  Either pasta or a hardy soup would have been a great match!

2 comments:

  1. mmm nothing like a nice, earthy malbec! maybe with some smoked aged gouda? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always with smoked gouda! How would you get any better than that!! I think some guy taught me that a long time ago... while I was very drunk and maybe walking back to my apartment ;)

    ReplyDelete