Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tasting - Gabriella Chianti


Name: Gabriella Chianti
Variety: Chianti
Region: Chianti
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: This beautiful wine has the very deep red, almost purple, color that you would expect in a Chianti. The first thing you notice is the fruit, balanced by a bit of spice. It’s a good dry wine with a bold flavor.  Even with it’s boldness, this Chianti is velvety smooth.

My Review: So I absolutely LOVE Chianti, it has been my go-to wine since I started drinking and was really excited for this wine.  The color of this was very traditional Chianti, with a rustic maroon instead of the deep ruby red of most heavy red wines.  It had a nice spicy smell to it reflecting the majority of Chianti's.  The taste was very traditional Chianti and it was good.  Not spectacular but it finished strong on the tongue and brought back great memories!  I ended up not buying this only because I didn't want it to sit in my car for a couple of hours, otherwise I would have been all over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment