Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tasting - Lavarini Valpolicella Classico


Name: Lavarini Valpolicella Classico
Variety: 65% Corvian Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 10% Molinara
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year:  2010
Price: $6.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review:  The red ruby color and the dry taste give this wine joviality and cordiality. It is fresh and fruity, with lovely strawberry and cherry aromas and flavors, with nice spice and a silky texture

My Review: Now we got into the wines I was looking forward to. I had never heard of any of these grapes but I figured sine it was from Italy it had to be pretty good.  From the nice deep red color and the nice spicy smell from it I was looking forward to the taste.  It was very smooth and nice taste with a slight spice to it.  It sat lightly on the tongue for maybe 30 seconds but had very light tannins.  I think this would go very well with a pasta sauce with a lean meat but not a heavy meat and marinara sauce for it would be overtaken.  It you are looking for an intro red wine or just a great start to the night, what a great place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment