Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tasting - Dibon Cava Brut Reserve


Name: Dibon Cava Brut Reserve
Variety: Macabeo Xarel-lo Parellada
Region: Penedes (Barcelona)
Country: Spain
Year: Non-varietal
Price: $9.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: Light gold with plenty of bubbles, this wine has aromas of apples and pears with pleasant floral notes. Crisp and light-bodied on the palate, stone fruit flavors are accompanied by a mild minerality and balanced acidity. A delicious sparkler for a great price!

My Review: So we started off this wine tasting wine with a nice good ol’ sparkling wine.  The smell of this wine was very light and airy and had hints of apple on the nose.  When I tasted it the floral notes started to come through.  Now as my pallet has developed I have noticed that I really don’t like floral tones in my wine!  With that being said, I was not too impressed.  I think it was a fine sparkling but it was a good introduction for my burnt tongue which is all I can say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment