Friday, February 8, 2013

Tasting - Wine Men of Gotham


 Name: Wine Men of Gotham
Variety: Chardonnay/Semillion
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price: $5.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: Gotham’s 2008 Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillon. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish

My Review: The smell of this wine was very light with a fresh but not acidic touch to it.  For some reason, I got some earthy tones when I smelled it but I don't know if that's accurate.  When I tasted this wine, it was VERY light.  Didn't have much flavor too it and it was almost boring.  The finish was probably the best part with the few flavors sitting on your tongue for at least 30 seconds.  I think it would have tasted really good in a wine spritzer but don't hate me for that comment.  Overall it was okay but I wouldn't suggest it, not even for Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment