Friday, February 8, 2013

Tasting - Sokol Blosser Meditrina


Name: Sokol Blosser Meditrina
Variety: Pinot Noir, Syrah and Zin
Region: Oregon
Country: US
Year: Non-Varietal
Price: $7.95

Shop/wine critic/Winery Review: It’s created from the finest Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel. The taste is lush and velvety with expressive notes of raspberry and cherry. It pairs nicely with pasta and anything off the grill.

My Review: First off, look at the label!  Isn't that quite fun?  I would have definitely bought it just for the label but let's get to the important stuff, the taste.  The first thing I notice was the raspberries.  I was very proud of myself for actually being able to pick that out!  But once I smelled that, it was pretty much all I could smell.  When I tasted it, obviously I could taste the raspberries which almost made this taste sweet.  It was a very light red that I think would go well with a light pasta or chicken dish.  It has a short finish, maybe 15 seconds, but it would be a nice starting wine for a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment